Reviews, Views and Adventures in Content Creation

Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Chocolate Vlog!

See the vlog at:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs-X89gLEbU

About a week ago, I ordered a custom chocolate bar from Chocomize.com .  From the long list of choices, I chose a milk chocolate bar mixed by five handpicked ingredients: Banana granola, hot curry powder, Kit Cat chocolate bar pieces, mango "dices," and organic roasted peanuts.   I ordered the hot curry powder not only because of my curiosity, but because I thought it would add some "spice" to my vlog.

Within hours of my order, I learned that my chocolate bar had already shipped.  It arrived on a Saturday, two days later.  In anticipation of shooting the vlog, I left it the box in which it was mailed.  I actually didn't get to shoot the vlog for four days.  Since Thursday is said to be one of the best days to post on YouTube, the timing would be perfect.

I recorded the vlog with great anticipation.  Would the curry powder blow smoke out of my ears?  To be honest, I was a bit surprised that the result, while absolutely delicious (how could it go wrong when I chose all the ingredients?), I have to admit I was a little disappointed that the curry powder didn't seem to impact the taste.  Of course, by loading the chocolate bar with a full list of ingredients, maybe the competing tastes cancelled each other out - I don't cook too often, so what do I know?   In retrospect, I wonder if I should have settled on fewer ingredients.  Hmmm....I guess I'm need to order ANOTHER Chocomize - there are worse fates, I think....

As for the vlog, even without the (anticipated) surprises, I think it came out okay.  With music and some special effects (taste test instant replay), I think it came out okay.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment