Reviews, Views and Adventures in Content Creation

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Why I'll Blog Every Day

In January, as an experiment, I wrote a blog every day for the entire month. It was a major struggle, but I worked to create content that might be of interest to my assumed readers—writers, filmmakers and those who have supported my writing projects. As the end of the month, my blog readership was at an all-time high, and I suspect individuals in my compartmentalized life were a little more aware of the range of my activities.
Cool by Osmosis

Having said that, I was relieved to return to my occasional blogging schedule. My posts since then have had a higher readership than my posts previous to the January experiment. Content choices and increased awareness of my work both have played a part. Blogging every day, and disciplined social media sharing also helped sharpen my skills in creating responsive content.

Why do I blog?

Writing a novel, at least for me, is a long, complicated process. I can't often bring new content to my readership. Posting blogs allows me to connect with readers much more often. and expand that readership. Selectively sharing my blog entries on Facebook and Twitter have especially been useful in widening my interaction not only with readers, but with resources as I continue to learn my craft and develop my marketing skills.

I've come to the conclusion, though, that for this blog to be truly effective for my goals and objectives as a writer and storyteller, then it's an all or nothing proposition. With that in mind, I'm returning to my daily posts. I'll be sharing my thoughts about writing in general, my own work, marketing and media creation.

I'll also define those goals. I'd like to develop a healthy readership of course, but I'd also like to use the experience of writing and marketing my work to generate the opportunity for some new adventures. I'll be sharing those thoughts, too.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Follow me on Twitter @rickflix
Visit my website at richsamuelsauthor.com



No comments:

Post a Comment