Reviews, Views and Adventures in Content Creation

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Proverbial Corner

My recent post, Five Reasons I Respect YouTubers promised a second blog on what YouTubers could learn from independent filmmakers.  I suppose I painted myself into a bit of corner, though.  As I thought about that blog, I realized that the social media/YouTube world is so diverse that generalization is just about impossible in this case.  I would be the last to tell pure vloggers - who are simply expressing themselves verbally to the camera - to change how they create.  In fact, that's my most common means of expression on YouTube.

On the other hand, there are many of YouTube who strive to shoot, edit and otherwise creative as filmmakers.  Many have very little sense of the language of filmmaking, and might gain a few things from their counterparts in the filmmaking world.

I'll still write that second vlog - but I suppose I have more pondering to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment