Reviews, Views and Adventures in Content Creation

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What's Next? [Blogging Every Day #28]

[28]
With the end of this month-long blogging challenge looming just ahead, the question becomes, What's Next?

While I won't necessarily hold myself to a daily blog, I will be posting on a more frequent schedule. Readership has been excellent, and it's an important part of my commitment to develop my social media "footprint" as an author.

With that goal in mind, I'm already pursuing other initiatives as well.

Some ideas:

  • I'm going to pursue the competition route for My Life at the Bottom of the Food Chain - always a great marketing tool, should I be so lucky to be honored;
  • I'm moving ahead as efficiently as possible with the completion of the second book in the series, an important step in the steady journey to build my reputation as a writer;
  • I haven't had the chance to make many public appearances on behalf of the book and the issues it explores. I hope to have the opportunity to visit classrooms and other venues as time goes on. I haven't taken this path before, so I'm just learning how to make this happen.
  • A small but important recent step was having my book put into circulation in my local public libraries. I'm hoping to develop a closer connection with the community, especially local authors. As I said, as someone who has spent his life working in visual media, I haven't taken this path before. I felt an immediate kinship with the authors at the local authors event a couple of weeks back.
  • I'll be starting development on my third book, which will likely be a change of genre, and I'll also be offering some short fiction - you'll hear about that very soon.
  • I'm hoping to generate media coverage - blog interviews, magazine articles, local websites and newspapers, etc. - focused on my book and its bullying-related subject matter. Coverage by third parties (other than my own website) and invaluable in helping to build word-of-mouth.
  • On that same thought, I'm also hoping to generate more reviews. If you haven't already - please visit Amazon, Goodreads, or your favorite bookseller. As an indie author, I need all the help I can get!
Thanks to so many of you  - friends and readers I've never met - who have read, discussed, and reviewed My Life at the Bottom of the Food Chain, I believe that we haven't come close to the book's potential. 

That challenge continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment