Reviews, Views and Adventures in Content Creation

Friday, July 9, 2010

VIDCON- FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I finally had a few moments to send up a report.  It's the lunch break here at Vidcon.

I arrived early - the conference is in a particularly congested part of town, so I made sure i had plenty of time to get here - not so much to get here early - but to avoid the traffic nightmare.

I'm enjoying the experience so far, but I have to admit that I'm not really learning anything I didn't already know.  It's been interesting to observe the crowd - so familiar faces, some no-so-familar, and others that are just wide-eyed kids with dreams.  It reminds me of when I was making films at 12 or 13 years old.

The Vlogbrothers - Hank and John Green, started out the session in the main conference hall, after which YouTube reps came out and discussed some of the recent and future adjustments to the YouTube world, the most dramatic of which is a program for YouTube partners, which will create a $1,000,000 fund to help partners with their more ambitious projects.  I wonder if non-profits should consider establishing similar funds for non-partner YouTubers  - I think there could be an argument for helping some of the more successful non-partners succeed, as well.  There are some great voices out there.

Haven't talked to as many people yet as I would like to - working on that.

All in all, so far, so good.  You can't go wrong when your first conversation of the day is with a puppet!

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested in hearing more about the fund and your ideas on a nonprofit video production fund. We need to talk when Vidcon is done...

    ReplyDelete