Reviews, Views and Adventures in Content Creation

Thursday, December 21, 2017

SoupChad Simmers: Early Marketing

I made SoupChad available for sale on Amazon on December 7, 2017, but I'm considering these next few weeks a "soft launch" before a more extensive push after the first of the year.  After all, I don't want large numbers of readers checking out SoupChad on Amazon...with no reviews!

Here's what I'm working on at the moment:
A Box of SoupChad, ready for 2018!

1 - Reviews! It's so very important to build up as many reviews as possible before I start sending potential readers to Amazon in earnest. The simple fact is, reviews sell. For an indie author like myself, positive reviews are golden. I'm letting those in my network know that the book is available, and I'm hoping for promising results. It's one of the most difficult steps in the marketing process, so if you would like to help out, I would be grateful.

2 - Giveaways are helpful tools. I can set up various types of opportunities on both Goodreads and Amazon, which hopefully will develop word of mouth and a wider network. I can even set up a giveaway on Amazon that requires entrants to follow me on Twitter.

3 - Flash sales. Amazon Kindle allows for limited flash sales, which will allow me to offer the book for free for a limited (one day) sale to encourage readers and reviews.

4 - Media coverage. SoupChad is also about polarization in our society, so I'm hoping for media coverage across several platforms, from newspapers to blogs, radio and television. 

In the next few weeks, I'll be working on an overall social media campaign to "get the word out" over upcoming months and to brainstorm some promising secondary markets. For example, foodies and soup aficionados might get a kick out of the story. I'm hoping to create some book launch opportunities at schools as well, and engage in classroom discussions.

If I can get that word out, I believe I have a fighting chance of getting SoupChad the exposure it deserves.


Remember, you can follow me on Twitter @Rickflix 

No comments:

Post a Comment