Here's just a hint of the anxieties I'm now facing:
- I need to finalize Own the Scrawny for publication. The paperback and the ebook require different format preparation before the hand-off.
- I still need to finish writing the acknowledgments for Scrawny.
- I need to compile and order changes to My Life at the Bottom of the Food Chain, including a new cover to match the boy on the Scrawny cover, about a dozen fixes to actual book content, and the addition of the "Alexander Adventure" banner and icon.
- I need to finalize the Food Chain audiobook, and send it for publication (it will be available on iTunes, Audible and Amazon for digital download.
- I need to record the Scrawny audiobook, which I'm hoping to publish simultaneously with the paperback and ebook.
- I need to set-up ISBN numbers for the Scrawny paperback and ebook, and then begin to establish an online footprint—with Goodreads, for example.
There's much more to think about, not the least of which is developing a strategy for promoting the book, and putting that plan into motion.
It's a bit nerve-wracking, especially at this particular moment when I don't know if people will even like the darn thing!