Reviews, Views and Adventures in Content Creation

Thursday, November 8, 2012

State of the (Crowd-Funding) Campaign


I'm now over one week into my Indiegogo crowd-funding campaign for my documentary, "Life Online." It's been a slow launch, but I'm still optimistic that I develop some momentum and perhaps create the necessary "crowd" to make this a reality.  After all, I did launch this effort just after Superstorm Sandy, and a week before the election - a particularly awkward time to squeeze in a few moments of your time.  I'm particularly grateful to my funders so far, whose generous contributions have gotten the ball rolling.

DrewDudeTV...and a bag of chips.
Drew's on the left.
Where do I go from here?  

The first objective is still to bring more attention to the "Life Online" Indiegogo page - visits are not yet anything close to what's necessary to make this happen.  The more people that visit the page, the more chance that some will contribute to make this a reality.

I need immediate help to bring news of this documentary out to more people - whether through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs or other means.  IndieGoGo stats indicate that it's important to keep the word out about the documentary  - it takes about seven separate contacts, on the average, for an individual to decide to jump on the bandwagon.  This is why you'll hear about this project frequently.

What do you think?  How can I get this project - this funding campaign - out to more people?  How can I maintain this effort between now and the rest of the year - without becoming the social media equivalent of those overly repetitive, obnoxious campaign commercials?

AND, (as "Life Online" donor Odell Hataway says, I need to engage in more shameless promotion) what can I do to convince YOU to become part of this effort?

What can you do?  Here are some links!

No comments:

Post a Comment